Camping rules at Cae Gwyn
- Our opening hours for admission are 9am to 7pm. We would be grateful if you could respect our opening hours especially after 7pm, and as the farmhouse is our home as well, please ring the bell at the bottom of the front steps for attention rather than walk straight into the farmhouse.
do not erect tents or take cars into our camping fields before you have checked
in at the farmhouse.
- Please do not let Del (our sheep[ish] dog) go out of the farmyard with you or on her own. If she follows you, please guide her back up to the farmyard.
- In wet conditions vehicles cannot enter camping fields so you may be required to park your car in the car park.
- For the sake of other campers, please inform us immediately of any problem with our facilities i.e. showers, toilets, basin, etc..
- Please do not put loose rubbish in the green wheelie bins. The Council insists that rubbish in the green wheelie bins must be put in black sacks,so we appreciate it if you could bring your own sacks, but if you need spare sacks please ask at the farmhouse.
- Please do not throw away used gas canisters in the bins, and take home large unwanted/broken items i.e. chairs/ tables/ barbecues/ inflatable beds etc.as you will otherwise be charged for safe disposal.
- You are welcome to use portable and reusable barbeques with stand, but please ensure that they are approximately 20cm off the ground to avoid scorching the grass. Sorry no disposable barbecues allowed in our camping fields for above reason and also to reduce the volume of refuse.
All waste water will be discharged to our farmland, and please use environmentally-friendly
(and biodegradable where possible) products in the washroom/showers, and please
use washing-up liquid and soap/hand-soap provided.
- Please follow the one way system on the farm and ensure that the gates are closed at all times, and if there is a problem with the gate i.e. does not shut properly, please let us know immediately.
- Please keep the noise level down in early mornings and late afternoons for the sake of other campers.
- Please do not climb stone walls or remove stones from them as they are a historic heritage of the farm which have been preserved through centuries
- During warm seasons: in order to avoid midges, it is best not to leave your tent unzipped, and those who are sensitive to them should take extra precautions.