This notice has been prepared in accordance the Data Protection Act 2018 which incorporates the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Policy key definitions
• “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, [Cae Gwyn Farm Holidays or Cae Gwyn Farm].
• “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
• GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
• PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
• ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
• Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
• We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is: ZB030670.
Use and collection of personal information
In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. If, however, you place a booking through our website you will need to register contact details and you will be asked to provide certain information.
Our booking system is through a specialised external company called Anytime Booking and with our account with them we have secure data holding. All our bookings are run through this technology with secure access only for the owners of Cae Gwyn Farm Holidays. We are the Data Controller, whereas Anytime Booking is the Data Processor.
Data is stored on a secure UK based server.
Information you provide is to:
• register your booking via our website and to administer it.
• To respond to your enquiry.
• To register you for our newsletter (that you have opted in to).
• For website analytics and better improve the customer experience of our website.
We will not disclose, sell or do anything otherwise with your personal information to third parties without your permission.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
To find out more about cookies, including seeing what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
When making a payment, check that there is a lock symbol in the web address bar at the top. If there is not, there may be an issue with our SSL Certificate. In this case, please notify us immediately and do not make the payment until we have confirmed it will be safe.
Our payment transfers are handled by Stripe; therefore, we do not hold any information about your payment card, other than the last 4 digits of the long number and the cardholder’s name. Stripe is an internationally renowned company protected by the most secure methods; however, you should satisfy any security concerns yourself by visiting their website: www.Stripe.com.
External links from our website
We are committed to ensuring you make the most of your time in Snowdonia, so have many links to other websites from our site, including partner networks and affiliates.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that you have left our website and these websites have their own privacy notices.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these third-party policies or websites. Please check their policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Your personal rights and how to contact us
There are a number of rights the law provides in relation to your personal data:
• You can ask for your personal data not to be used for direct marketing purposes.
• You can request how and what way the data we hold on you is processed.
• You can ask us to amend and update any inaccurate data.
• You can request personal data to be irretrievably erased (where there is no requirement for us to keep processing it).
• You can ask us to temporarily suspend the processing of any data if you feel we do not have any reason to continue using it and there is no good reason for us to not to continue processing it.
You have the right to see personal data (as defined under the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you upon receipt of a written request. There is an admin payment fee of £10.
Amendments to this privacy notice
Any future changes to our privacy notice will be updated on this website. Please check back frequently for any amendments.